Friday, January 25, 2008

My Lush Story - The Other Me

My beauty regime, prior to E. introducing me to Lush, was pretty much non-existent. I had kind of a 'hope for the best' attitude towards cosmetics... occasionally, I'd use witch-hazel and other cleansers after shows (I'm an actor, and stage makeup is not good for your skin!), but otherwise, I wished and prayed and hoped my skin would behave itself.
*
And then E. introduced me to Lush.
*
A few words, first, on me and E. We have known each other for years and years - our mothers were friends at high school - but we fell out of contact for most of our teens. But then, last year, E. found me on Facebook, and our friendship was rekindled. We live in different cities, but we manage to visit each other occasionally... though there is no Lush where I live, so me going to see her definitely has its benefits!
*
Ah, Lush...
*
We had a discussion one time about how it's almost like a cult. You get converted to Lush. It's not something you use part-time. There's commitment involved. Once you're in... you're in.
*
But why would you want to leave?
*
Because Lush, quite frankly, is wonderful.
*
The first Lush product I ever used was at E's place - a facemask, I can't remember which one. But I was coming off four weeks of a show, my skin was a mess, and I didn't care which one it was at that point. It made my skin feel fantastic. Normally, after a show, my face is a mess for at least a week. After this? Nada. It was just that good.
*
And so, after a visit to E's local Lush, I went home with an armful of products. And oh! they were amazing! I don't want to write about them all here - because what will I blog about later then? - but suffice it to say that I have a beauty regime now, and it is ALL Lush.

-J

No comments: