Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Lush Story

I'm a vain woman. I don't pretend not to be. I mean, really, I'm young. I'm female.

In August last year, after finally securing a full time job, I decided to spoil myself with the Clinique 1-2-3 system. It wasn't cheap. In fact, it was damn expensive. But I was in Melbourne on business, and it seemed a justifiable luxury. After all, appearance is damn important in the workplace.

Not long after, I was talking to a friend of mine.. I was outside the doctor's office. I was telling her about my Clinique, and she suggested I try Lush once it was finished. She said the Honey mask was just amazing.

So I did some research , and found the nearest lush was quite close to my house. I trekked up there one night and bought the brazened Honey mask and a bubble bar... the lemon one I can't spell.

That night, I crumbled the whole bubble bar under my running bath (rookie mistake!), but on my green Brazened Honey mask, and sunk down under bubbles that almost reached the ceiling.

My conversion was quick and thorough. Weeks later, after continuing to use the clinique out of principle, my skin was raw, blotchy and sore. I ditched the clinique, and now I am all about the Lush.

In recent months I have tried a very wide range of their products and converted my dear friend J. This blog will provide a forum for us to discuss recent lush purchases, and their relative merit.

Lush. Real love.

-E

No comments: