Sunday, January 27, 2008

Product Review: Fresh Farmacy

After the disaster that was Clinique, my skin was red-raw and in need of TLC. I even forked out good money for a facial... only to be told by the beautician that my skin was red-raw and in need of some TLC. Thanks, Sherlock... I paid $100 for those wise words? Anyway, I didn't take up her suggestion of trialling another fancy European skincare brand, and instead went in to Lush the next day.

I'd been using various other Lush products for about 2 months at this point... mainly the bubble bars and soaps, because I insisted on sticking with the Clinique, believing a miracle would happen. But after said discussion with beautician, I threw the chemically stuff in the bin and walked to my local Lush- at the Queen Victoria Building in Sydney.

Aside: I am well aware of how fortunate I am to live within walking distance of a Lush store; however, this can be both a blessing and a curse, as it is very easy to spend large amounts of money with alarming frequency.

I had a brief discussion with a relatively helpful salesperson (The QVB store has some of the most helpful Lush salespeople I've encountered, but this particular one was ok, but not FANTASTIC), I decided to try the Fresh Farmacy cleanser.

The cleanser comes in solid form, a pink soap-like substance which, incidentally, lasts forever. A tiny bit, mixed with a little water, makes the cleanser. A small portion of Fresh Farmacy, which is remarkably affordable at about $15/100 grams, has lasted months.

I saw results immediately. My skin, which had been raw and sore following The Clinique Disaster, began to recover. It was soothed and refreshed by Fresh Farmacy, and felt good again.

Which makes sense, really, when you look at the ingredients in Fresh Farmacy. It is made with calamine lotion- you know, the one you put on Mossie bites when you were little- and chamomile and lavender oil and rose oil. It's a calming, peaceful product.

That being said, I think I'm likely to try a new product soon, as I think my skin has adequately recovered from The Clinique Disaster, and I need something that is a little more aggressive in the fight against breakouts. However, I think I'll always keep some Fresh Farmacy in the cupboard for those times when my skin just needs a little love.

Check it out

- E

No comments: